Do not panic if you have lost your Visa card. Just follow the steps below — and remember that the sooner you report the loss, the sooner your Visa card can be replaced.
If you are close to home
If you are travelling
- Call the bank or other organisation that issued your card, if you know the telephone number. They will immediately block your card and organise a replacement
- If you do not have your card issuer’s telephone number, use the menu on the Global Card Assistance Directory page for help.
Call the Visa Global Card Assistance Service, using our worldwide network of free telephone numbers.
The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and is multi-lingual, so our representatives will talk to you in your own language. They will take your lost or stolen card report, arrange for a replacement and organise an emergency cash delivery, if necessary.
You will need to tell them:
- The name of your card issuer
- The type of card — for example, Visa Electron, Visa Classic, Visa Gold
- The country where the card was issued
It will help if you can also tell them:
- Your 16-digit Visa account number
- If you have your own card account or a partner card
- Your name as it is printed on the card
- The address where your statement is sent
- Your home telephone number
- How the card went missing
- Other personal details that will be used as a security check to confirm your identity
- The identity of the primary cardholder, if you are the secondary cardholder.